St John Fisher: Our Vision
At St John Fisher, we strive to create a school community where children and adults achieve their full potential and SHINE! We will achieve this through engagement, high expectations and by treating all with respect and dignity.
- We utilise staff strengths and interests to support each other in delivering excellent teaching.
- We provide a creative and inspiring curriculum with opportunities for visitors and first hand experiences.
Sports Premium 2016/2017
Since September 2013, the school has received additional funding to support Sport and P.E. in school. We are using this funding to support a range of actions, including:
- A P.E. Specialist Teacher is employed to develop the quality of P.E. teaching across the school. His role is many fold, including:
- Deliver high quality PE lessons in line with the school curriculum;
- Develop the skills of teachers during team-teaching;
- Lead extra-curricular sports and physical activities for all year groups;
- Develop inter-school competition
- Lead sports weeks
- Liaise with local clubs to develop links and provide new opportunities for the children to access
- All children for Years 3 to 5, and those Year 6 pupils not achieving the government minimum recommendations of 25 metres, are now able to participate in swimming lessons.
- We are able to buy into the Knowsley School Sports Partnership which provided additional training for staff and an opportunity to participate in Knowsley-wide competitions.
- We are able to allow staff to attend other competitions with our sports teams, including the Premier League football competition, paying for staff cover and appropriate transport costs. This is costly when teams are successful and more time needs to be spent out of school.
- Additional resources were purchased to increase the quality of teaching and learning within PE. This ensured we were able to deliver in line with the new PE curriculum (September 2014).
- PE resources were purchased for whole school use at lunchtime to allow all children to be active during their free-time.
- All children experience high quality PE lessons twice a week
- All staff are developing their skills
- All Year groups represented school in local competitions, developing team spirit and experiences positive competition
- Very positive feedback from parents, regarding our sporting successes with increased involvement.
- The children have had access to a much wider range of sports than normal.
- At specific times each year, clubs are targeted towards our Pupil Premium children to ensure their involvement
- Children and parents enjoyed a competitive sports day
- The profile of PE has been significantly raised.
- HT / Subject Leader / Key Stage Leaders to quality assure the planning, delivery and evaluation of PE lessons.
- Subject Leader to conduct an audit of extra-curricular provision offered and closely monitor the children accessing clubs.
- Subject Leader to target children who have not accessed extra-curricular clubs for up to 12 months.
- Subject Leader, in line with the school’s ‘Systems for Monitoring’, ensures that the curriculum is fit for purpose, including:
- Monitoring of coverage of skills in line with new curriculum;
- Formal and informal lesson observations conducted;
- Embed the formal assessment of ‘Milestones’ for Key Stage 1 and 2, and monitor its effectiveness, celebrating and sharing good practice, offering support where needed
- Ensure best value for money when allocating Sports Premium, following consultation with all stakeholders
- Inform Governors of actions, impact and next steps
- Make Plans for allocation of funding for next academic year