Here at St John Fisher we aim to provide a fun and engaging PE curriculum, where every child has the opportunity to confidently participate and most importantly shine.
For 2017-18 we will be focussing on:
- Competition through the Knowsley School Sports Partnership
- Providing 30mins per day of rigorous active playtime for all pupils.
- Our commitment to sport outside the realms of school hours (after-school and beyond)
- The promotion of the importance of a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet
- Maintaining the School Games Mark Gold status
- Maintaining each class partakes in the Daily Mile
PE, Sport and Physical Activity go hand-in-hand. We believe that it is vital that our children understand the importance of exercise, whether it be a game of tag on the playground to a structured PE lesson.
Take a look at this leaflet by the Association for Physical Education; it gives advice and information about the importance of being active.
As of September 2017, we have secured a £10,000 grant from Awards for All which will enable us to purchase and install an all-weather gym and fitness area. This equipment will form part of our playtime, lunchtime and PE lessons; yet another tool to ensure our children are active!
We have lots of new playground equipment; from monies raised by Mr Morton’s superb effort in the 2016 New York marathon and every pupil who took part in a sponsored run around the church grounds.
In addition to this, a selection of children were selected to be Health Champions – resulting in KSSP training as playground leaders to initiate games amongst pupils and working with the Change4Life initiative.