Here at St John Fisher we aim to provide a fun and engaging PE curriculum, where every child has the opportunity to confidently participate and most importantly shine.
This year we will be focussing on:
- Competition through the Knowsley School Sports Partnership
- Providing 30mins per day of rigorous active playtime for all pupils. To fulfil our requirements prior to the 2017 Sports Premium funding change
- Our commitment to sport outside the realms of school hours (after-school and beyond)
- The promotion of the importance of a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet
- Achieving the School Games Mark Gold status
Sport, physical activity and health lifestyles go hand-in-hand. We believe that it is vital that our children understand the importance of exercise, whether it be a game of tag on the playground to a structured PE lesson.
Take a look at this leaflet by the Association for Physical Education; it gives advice and information about the importance of being active.
We have lots of new playground equipment; from monies raised by Mr Morton’s superb effort in the 2016 New York marathon and every pupil who took part in a sponsored run around the church grounds.
In addition to this, a selection of children were selected to be Health Champions – resulting in KSSP training as playground leaders to initiate games amongst pupils and working with the Change4Life initiative.
The Health Champions, together with Mrs Fillingham, have created a healthy tuck shop where children throughout the school can purchase items such as raisins, rice cakes and fresh fruit for 25p in place of toast which we served prior to the New Year. This has been a tremendous success, with a massive uptake by all year groups.