St John Fisher: Our Vision
At St John Fisher, we strive to create a school community where children and adults achieve their full potential and SHINE! We will achieve this through engagement, high expectations and by treating all with respect and dignity.
- We value independence, developing a deeper level of learning and providing a challenging curriculum which enables our pupils to become active citizens of the future.
- We promote respect for ourselves, for others, their cultures and for the environment
- We provide a safe, stimulating environment in which all can learn and develop their individual strengths
Wellbeing Award for Schools
Statement of Intent- Wellbeing Award for Schools
At St John Fisher Catholic Primary School, we care about the wellbeing of both our pupils and staff and we are always looking for ways that we can help support our school family. This year, we are working incredibly hard to achieve the Wellbeing Award.
This whole-school award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff and pupils.
The award has a focus on changing the long-term culture of a school, and embedding an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, our school can:
- Show their commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life
- Improve the emotional wellbeing of their staff and pupils
- Ensure mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offer provision and interventions that matches the needs of its pupils and staff
- Engage the whole-school community in the importance of mental health awareness
- Capture the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health
We will be working closely with the whole of the school community to support positive mental health and wellbeing for everybody- children, parents and families, staff and the wider community.
Mr G Ennis Chair of Governors
Mrs M Forrest Headteacher