Year 1 Class Right: Food, Clothing and a Safe Home
Children have the right to food, clothing and a safe place to live.
Welcome to Year 1
Welcome to Year 1 and our new school year. Our class is made up of 31 wonderful children, 18 boys and 13 girls. Year 1 is an exciting new chapter for our children as they continue their journey in primary school. To achieve our potential and SHINE, fun, creativity and challenge are at the centre of our learning. In Year 1 we will always ensure we follow the St John Fisher Code of Conduct to ensure we are respectful to each other and show kindness in everything that we do. Our learning powers are also at the centre of our learning to help us become better learners. Year 1 is a great opportunity to develop life-long skills such as confidence, independence and resilience. Please do enjoy exploring our class page and take a look below to hear what our Year 1 team say about working in Year 1.
Year 1 Team
Hello and welcome to Year 1. I am so excited to be your Year 1 teacher this year. I am really looking forward to being part of your journey at St. John Fisher. I know we will all work together to ensure we all achieve our full potential and SHINE! I am particularly looking forward to watching you grow and develop into confident and independent learners. I am really looking forward to teaching you lots of different subjects but my favourites being English, Computing and History. If you do have any questions or would like to speak to me, please don’t hesitate to contact me via ClassDoJo.
- PE will take place each Monday and Friday so the children will need to bring their P.E. kits into school on these days.
- A fruit snack is provided each day for children in Year 1. Children can bring their own snack to enjoy during morning break time but this must be fruit only.
- Home reading books will be given out each Friday. These must be returned on a Wednesday.
- Homework and spellings will be given out each Friday and are to be returned the following Wednesday. A spelling test will take place the following Friday.
- For updates and messages about Year 1 please check our ‘ClassDojo’ page.
Click below to see our Yearly Overview:
Here are a selection of websites which will complement learning across a range of subjects. Some are interactive walk-throughs, others are games for children to practice skills and have fun.