Hello and welcome to the Year 3 page!
Welcome to Miss Leadbetter and Mrs Sweeney’s class!
In our class we have 30 children who all love to learn.
We use our Learning Powers to help us to learn and be resilient.
We will start Year 3 by looking at Orion and the Dark in English then go on to look at Greek Myths. The children are going to really enjoy reading these books and working hard to learn lots of new skills.
Come and See is very important in our class and we will do lots of learning about ourselves and how we fit into the church family.
Here are some of the important things we will learn in Year 3
- English – adjectives, adverbs, subordinating clauses, fronted adverbials and joined handwriting
- Maths – 3 digit number column addition and subtraction, fractions and times tables
- Science – light and dark, animals and plants
- PE – hockey, dance, gymnastics, swimming and many more sports!
In Year 3 we always show respect and SHINE!
- Please keep a look out on our Class Dojo page for regular updates.
- Reading books are changed every Friday
- Spelling and times table tests are every Friday
- PE is every Monday and Wednesday
- French is every Wednesday with Mr Corcoran
Click below to see our Yearly Overview:
Here are a selection of websites which will complement learning across a range of subjects. Some are interactive walk-throughs, others are games for children to practice skills and have fun.